Hello all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend, because we did! Eric's parents, JimPa & LiLi, came to visit. It was so great to see them and spend some quality time together. We usually don't get to spend too much one-on-one time alone with them, since we have such a big family. That's ok, we wouldn't have it any other way!
Friday afternoon LiLi arrived minus JimPa. He was flying into Atlanta from his trip to San Antonio that night. Eric picked his dad up at the airport while we girls did a little shopping. Any visit from LiLi wouldn't be complete without a trip to "The Maxx!" If you know LiLi very well, you will know her love affair with "The Maxx." Needless to say it was a successful trip to The Maxx. We all three scored some great finds! After our shopping excursion, we were a bit hungry, so I suggested an eatery that Mobile no longer has, Cock of the Walk. LiLi was very excited to eat there, since it had been a while since she'd been at Cock of the Walk. We enjoyed our fried catfish, cole slaw, hush puppies, marinated onions, and of course, cornbread! Well, I shouldn't say we enjoyed all of that, because sadly, I could only eat the catfish. Some of you may know this, but I am on a no dairy diet because of Virginia. The pediatrician thinks she may have a dairy intolerance. So, that limits me to what I can and cannot eat when we go out. It may sound awful, but I've learned to live with it.
Anyways, back to the story.......We headed home to get ready for JimPa and Eric to arrive. They finally got home and we loved seeing them, even though Virginia was already out for the count. Saturday morning we got up and played with Virginia until it was time for the men to head out for the Alabama game. Eric and JimPa left for Tuscaloosa that morning while we girls stayed in Auburn. We enjoyed being lazy and staying in our p.j.'s for a good part of the morning. I find myself in my p.j.'s a good part of each day when I'm home with Miss Priss! We finally got out of the house that afternoon for another round of shopping. We hit up quite a few stores during our outing. Virginia did well for the most part of our shopping adventures. She was only fussy when she was hungry and tired. I think she likes to shop! She told me she likes The Maxx and Target the best! We finally made it home later that night, just in time for the guys to come back. Virginia stayed up this time and welcomed them home with us. I think she was happy to see them, even though they smelled like football!
Sunday morning we all got ready to go our separate ways. Eric's company picnic was that day and his parents were heading home. We said our good-byes and all got on the road. Eric works for the Emory Clark-Holder Clinic in LaGrange, Georgia. The company picnic was held at Butts Mill Farm in Pine Mountain, Georgia. I really didn't know what to expect when Eric told me about this place. Once we got there, I was amazed at how much there was to do. This place would be so fun to have a family reunion, class party, or church event. There is something for everyone, well, unless you have a 3 month old who is confined to her stroller! That's ok, the highlight of my day was getting out of the house and taking a road trip. When Virginia is old enough, Butts Mill Farm will be such a fun place to take her to. The picnic was a great success. The food was good and I got to meet some of the people from Eric's office. Later in the day, Eric played and sang with one of the doctors from his clinic. Unfortunately, I was in the car nursing Virginia for the good part of the "mini concert." Virginia and I showed up just in time for the last song. Although she couldn't see him, I think she recognized that voice that was singing! All in all, it was a good day to be outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment