Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Friends & Family Visit

It's been a few days (I've been told!) since I've blogged about what's going on in our little world. We've been pretty busy around here lately! First, it started out this past weekend and all the guests we had. Next, it was followed by a visit from my brother, who by the way, got to meet Virginia for the first time! So now we're finally slowing down and getting into our routine.

Friday night was pretty uneventful. The three of us went to eat at a great chicken place called Jim Bob's. It was great! Jim Bob's reminded us of another great chicken place that we both loved in Tuscaloosa called Willie T's. I wanted to go somewhere that wouldn't be so loud and busy (gameday weekend in Auburn tends to get pretty crazy) so that Virginia wouldn't be so over stimulated. We took a chance on Jim Bob's and we were in luck! Friday night seems to be "blue-haired night" (as Eric calls senior citizens) at Jim Bob's! Needless to say Eric and I were probably the youngest married couple in the place. It was the nice quiet atmosphere that we all three needed! Here is a picture of good ol' Jim Bob's!

chicken-fingers-1.jpg

(Sorry this picture didn't exactly come out right, but you get the idea!)

Saturday we had a slew of visitors! First, my sister and her boyfriend came by for a few hours to hang out before going to the Auburn game. We enjoyed their visit. Rachel was glad to see Virginia and get to play with her for a little while. Eric and Jeff (Rachel's boyfriend) talked football and tried to be nice when talking about each others team! Unfortunately Jeff is an Auburn fan and has slowly turned Rachel into one too. Oh well, my Dad and brother are Gator fans, so I guess I can't say anything!
After Rachel and Jeff left, we enjoyed the rest of our evening together. When the Auburn game was over, our dear friends Matt and Brady came to spend the night with us. We had not seen them since our move, so it was good to catch up. Sorry no pictures of the visitors.
Sunday, our friends Brad and Makenzi came by to catch up too. We loved visiting with them and hearing about all their exciting baby news!
That afternoon, my brother, Eric (yes, my brother and my husband have the same name!) came to stay with us. Brother lives in Portland, Oregon and was home for a wedding. Thankfully he was able to squeeze in some time and come meet his new niece. I have been looking forward to this day since Virginia was born. Brother and Laura (Eric's sister) were the only immediate family members who weren't able to be at the hospital when Virginia was born. I loved having Brother here and I know Virginia did too, even though she cried every time he held her. I kept reassuring him that she really did like him, that she just tends to be fussy every now and then. I did capture some shots of Brother and his favorite niece. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I was playing with different settings on my camera.

Brother holding Virginia for the first time. Can you see her working those lungs?

Virginia showed Uncle Eric how much she loves her play mat.

I did capture a moment when she wasn't crying! Looks like she's smiling!

Mommy, is that you I hear?


We enjoyed our visit with Brother. He stayed until Monday evening and was able to help me out while I ran errands that afternoon. We miss him already! Maybe next time he comes to visit, Virginia won't be so fussy!



No comments:

Post a Comment