Thursday was Virginia's 2 month doctor visit. I can't believe it's been 2 months (9 weeks to be exact) since our little bundle of joy came into our lives. What a joy she's been.
Virginia had an appointment with Dr. David Smalley at the Pediatric Clinic here in Auburn. Eric and I were so sad to leave our pediatricians in Mobile, because we loved them so much, (NOTE: If you live in Mobile and have a child under the age of 18, I HIGHLY recommend visiting Children's Medical Group. Great group of doctors who truly "love" on your child.) but Dr. Smalley has a special place in my heart. Dr. Smalley was my pediatrician when I was a toddler. My family lived in Auburn for 3 years when I was little. Dr. and Mrs. Smalley were in our church in Auburn and also were great friends with my parents. When I found out that we were moving to Auburn, I knew who I wanted Virginia to see, Dr. Smalley. My dad contacted Dr. Smalley and asked him if he'd take on one more child. He gladly obliged!
Thursday I showed up at Dr. Smalley's office with a small army. Virginia brought an entourage that included her Gigi (my mother), Papa Rock (my dad), and Aunt Amy (Eric's sister). Oh, and I came along too! :) Originally it was just going to be Mother and me, since Eric couldn't get off work to come. Then Dad decided he'd take off work to come so he could "help" and see Dr. Smalley. Aunt Amy made a last minute trip up to Auburn on Thursday morning, so she got to go too. Needless to say, the exam room was PACKED with 5 adults all for one little girl! Mom and Dad had such a great time reminiscing with Dr. Smalley and catching up with one another. He ended up staying in our room for about 45 minutes just visiting with us. Dr. Smalley was so good with Virginia and very thorough. The only bad thing about this visit was that Virginia got 4 shots! :( It was so sad. I asked the nurse if I could take them for her. She said I wasn't the only parent who has asked that before. Thanks to our family photographer, Aunt Amy, for capturing these special moments.
All undressed and ready to see the doctor.
Before Dr. Smalley came in, Virginia was entertaining us with her ooing and cooing!
Telling Mommy something funny, I'm sure! :)
Talking with Dr. Smalley about Virginia's progress so far.
Virginia became very fussy right before her check-up. I think she knew what was coming. :(
Listening to that precious heartbeat.
Mommy trying to comfort her girl while Dr. Smalley checks the tummy.
All in all, the appointment went well, even though Virginia had to get some shots. One highlight of our visit was finding out how much weight Virginia had gained. At her 1 month visit she weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces. Virginia weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces during this visit. Praise the Lord for weight gain!
No comments:
Post a Comment