Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Colors, Sounds, and Shapes! Oh My!

Last night while Eric was out playing basketball, Virginia and I had a little fun of our own! LiLi recently purchased a tummy time mat for Virginia to play on. We all kept noticing how much more alert she was and how well was she was following objects. So, we thought she would love one of these. When she first was put on the mat, she didn't fall in love with it immediately. I decided to give it another try last night. We had just given Virginia her bath, fed her, and now she was ready to play. I placed Virginia on the mat and she noticed the toys hanging down from the mat first thing. She began to coo and ooo at the toys just a little. After that her arms and legs started moving frantically! I felt like she was going to take off at any moment! She was loving the toys, colors, and sounds of the mat. So, of course what did I do? Get the camera! How could I not capture this moment. I'm sure some of you are thinking, big deal, plenty of kids play on their mats numerous times a day and do the same thing. Well, when it's your child, it's always a big deal! :) Here are some pictures from "tummy time with Virginia!"

Mesmerized by the sounds, colors, and shapes.

Trying to reach out and touch the butterfly!


Can you see those little legs hidden beneath her outfit? Kick! Kick!

It looks like she's directing the music here.

I believe this is where she was talking to the toys!



No comments:

Post a Comment