SO much has gone on since I last blogged, but I won't try to catch you up on ALL of it! Just the high points. First and foremost, my sweet angel is now one year old! I can't believe it's been a whole year since we first met her. Time does really fly when you're tending to a baby. These are some of my favorite memories from each month that Virginia has been alive. I was planning on printing these and putting them up at V's party, but I'll explain why later.
Right after Virginia was born, July 8, 2009
August 2009
September 2009

October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
I look back at those pictures and can't believe we've been through a whole year. And oh, how she's changed! Although she looks so much bigger/chunkier, Virginia's still a peanut. I love my peanut just the same. She's built like her mama, and that's fine with me.
For about 2 months, I began getting ideas and prepping for Virginia's first birthday. I should've known all that planning was a little too much for what was to come. Little did I know.
Two days before Virginia's birthday, she got sick to her stomach. I thought it might have been something we ate (I'm still nursing) and that it would go away by morning. The next morning, Virginia was burning up with fever. We called the doctor and he told us to give her tylenol and luke warm baths throughout the day. We followed the doctors orders and the fever had still not gone away 24 hours later. So, we found ourselves in the doctors office on Virginia's birthday. Not for a year check-up, but to treat a sick baby. What a way to spend your first birthday. This was the first time she had EVER been sick in her life. I'm so thankful that this was the first time we've had to visit the doctor for a sickness related issue. After a complete check-up, the doctor diagnosed Virginia with a fever virus. He told us it could last 3 to 5 days. My mind began to race. 5 days! Oh no! Her party was in 2 days.
We took our girl home to get her well. Virginia was such a sweet patient. Lots of cuddling and snuggling with Mommy and Daddy during this sick time. She rallied and we thought she'd be better by party time on Saturday, but then the fever spiked once again. We called all the partygoers and cancelled the formal party. Some of our family had come into town for the weekend and was planning on staying, so we decided to have a very small, family only, at home party.
The day of the party, Virginia woke up feeling pretty good. She was so very sweet and playful that morning, but the nasty fever still lurked. After a good nap, she awoke to find all her immediate family around and ready to celebrate her birthday. Virginia was so calm and reserved while she (we) opened presents. (I can tell you that now, she is LOVING all those presents!) After present time, we attempted to have cake. I was looking forward to what Virginia would do with her cake. Once again, overestimated my expectations. Virginia wanted nothing to do with the cake. She was so tired and still feeling very crummy. As you can tell, this is what she thought of her cake. Poor thing.
Everyone crammed into our little rental home to have some yummy cake and ice cream!
The Birthday Girl in her new chair from JimPa and LiLi
Can you tell someone didn't feel too well?
Although, we did get a smile here and there while opening presents.
Taking a short ride in her birthday gift from Mommy and Daddy
Someone didn't feel good enough to even take a picture with Mommy and Daddy
So much for fun cake pictures. This is as close as she got to it all day.
Up from a long nap, and feeling much better
So much for all that planning and prepping for Virginia's first birthday. Goes to show, the little ones really do make the rules! :) Maybe we'll have a "pinkalicious" 2nd birthday as well! She'll probably enjoy it more anyway.
Sadly our little muffin didn't recover until the following week. 7 days of fever and a sick baby is no fun. Hopefully this will be all the sickness we will experience for a while. Since then, I've had a hard time getting myself, home, and life back in order. These are the days that I wish we still lived closer to family. A little help please! Hopefully where ever you are, everyone is happy and well in your family. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Poor little thing!! She had quite the outfit change for her special day...she'll have a "Super Sweet Sixteen" for sure!! All the decorations look great! You did a great job and that cake looks DELICIOUS, so I hope she finally got to enjoy her piece!!!
ReplyDeleteHey girlie! Am just reading this. Poor little V! We had the SAME fever virus and it was terrible. Took C about 7 days as well. Bless your heart. Wish we were closer to help out-- from one Mama without family here to another. Miss y'all!!
ReplyDeletePS-- the party looked adorable! Am very proud of you, Linds.