Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take me out to the ball game


"Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back, Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win it's a shame. For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game."

Don't you just love the backdrop of the Atlanta downtown skyline

That tune was playing in my head last Monday evening as we stepped onto Georgia Tech's baseball field to watch the Crimson Tide take on the Yellow Jackets, in the regional baseball championship. It was a beautiful day/evening to be outside for a game. A tad bit warm, but once the sun went down, it felt like a wonderful fall evening.



The great thing about living in LaGrange is that we can be in Atlanta in an hour and fifteen minutes. Since Alabama was playing in the final game for the Atlanta regional, we decided to head up for the game. We weren't real sure what to expect with Virginia. This was her first sporting event/Alabama game, so I wasn't looking forward to what might to come. Thankfully, Virginia is an easy baby and she loves to watch people, so it turned out alright. I knew she would love seeing all the people, hearing the sounds of the game, but I didn't expect her to be fascinated by the guy behind us yelling at the top of his lungs. This young man (an Alabama fan I might add) was very vocal throughout the duration of the game. By vocal, I mean yelling about everything! If something bad happened, he let the ump know. If something good happened, he let the team know. In other words, he was the unofficial Alabama cheerleader. Virginia thought he was amazing! So weird! Here's what she would do when our friend (who was DIRECTLY behind me, IN my ear!) would give a yell.





He wasn't as bad as he sounds, but at least he kept V entertained. In between innings, the young man would talk to Virginia and try to be sweet to her, which she loved! She's such a ham.

Daddy and his sweet Crimson Tide girl

I love how she's leaning forward like all the rest of the men around us!

I was so proud of how well Virginia did during the game. We only had to get up twice to walk around with her, and both those times was just because we wanted to stretch our legs. Sadly, we had to leave around the 6th inning. That was just about all the baseball my little nugget could handle. It was way past her bedtime and she was starting to let us know. We were pulling out of the parking lot and I looked back to check on Virginia, and she was already asleep. Poor thing. We wore her out! She slept all the way to LaGrange. When we got home, I slipped her into her pajamas and she went right back to sleep.

Watching everyone as they walk by

It was a great little excursion for the three of us. I love that when we want to get away, a place like Atlanta is not so far. There are advantages to living in a small town after all!

1 comment:

  1. LINDS!! Yay! You are such a fun blogger, and OMG-- Virginia is gorgeous! I mean, really. I could eat her up. What a great mixture of you and Eric;) Sounds like y'all are enjoying your new "locale", but we sure do miss y'all! Love being able to check in on you as well. Take care of your sweet family! Love you.

    ReplyDelete