Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Milestones


Milestone- (noun) a significant point in development

Life is marked by special milestones within our lives. The first time we talk, walk, ride a bike, drive a car, etc. This weekend was no exception in our household.

Friday, Virginia was a little more fussy than usual, and I couldn't figure out why. She was clingy, had somewhat of a runny nose, and just didn't feel like herself. Eric came home for lunch and we were both sort of puzzled as to why she was so cranky. Then, I checked her mouth. Sure enough, a tooth had emerged in her sweet little mouth! We were so excited! We tried to open her mouth to get a good look, but Virginia doesn't like for anyone to explore in her mouth, unless you have food. We finally pried her mouth open and saw the small white tooth on her bottom gums. Finally, a tooth! We were thrilled!

That evening we left for my parents house, in Wetumpka. Saturday was my 10 year high school reunion, in Montgomery. Yes, another milestone. During the day Saturday we visited with my parents, sister, and uncle. We had a great time playing with Virginia and eating yummy chicken and dumplings. When Virginia got up from her nap, she and mom were playing in the floor of the living room. Mom began to crawl around and try to get Virginia to follow her. Virginia just thought her GiGi looked silly on all fours! They played and played, until finally we saw this......


Please excuse the commentary and all the applause. We were just a little excited! :)


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a CRAWLER! Mom says that she is the reason Virginia learned to crawl, because her GiGi taught her. We'll see about that! :) We were amazed and so excited! I was glad that this happened while we were at my parents house. I wouldn't say that Virginia has "mastered" crawling, but she can get around. Now it's time to baby-proof the house. Eric and I think that she won't crawl very long, because she is pulling up on EVERYTHING around her. She loves to stand once she gets up on something. This is what I found Monday afternoon when I went to get her from her nap.



Not only is she standing up in her bed, check out that mop!

Somebody slept hard, can't you tell?


Teeth, crawling, and a 10 year reunion all in one weekend. We definitely won't forget this weekend for years to come. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment