Sorry I've been so late getting back to you guys! Once you come home from a weekend away, it takes a day or so to get back in the swing of things. Between laundry, V, and getting ready for my in-laws to come this weekend, I've been a busy mama!
Without further ado, here's the surprise my parents got on Saturday.............................................
MY BROTHER!

My Mom would probably make me apologize for my brother and his wild hair/looks. All I can say is, that's Eric!
My brother surprised my parents and flew home from Portland, Oregon. He is helping a friend move out to Portland, so he flew home on Friday. Eric (My brother and my husband have the same name. Confusing when we all get together) left today on a cross country trip with his buddy Andy. It should take them about 3 days to get there. We were so glad to see Eric! He hasn't been home since Christmas, so we enjoyed our short time we had with him.
Side note......I really need a personal photographer with me at all times. The picture above is the ONLY shot I got of my brother and Virginia all weekend, and it was taken with my Iphone. I'm too busy being a mom to get my camera out of the bag. Someone help or offer advice!
V and her GiGi
My Daddy and Eric (my husband!) played in the church golf tournament Saturday, so Virginia and I got hang out with my Mom, Eric (my brother), and Uncle Jacky all day. It was so fun. We went to a new market/cafe called Catherine's at Crossroads. It's just above Lake Martin, after you cross the Kowaliga Bridge. Catherine's reminded me so much of Naman's Midtown Market that used to be in Mobile. The food was so yummy and we loved sitting outside feeling the nice cool breeze while we ate. Virginia loved being the life of the party! She was a little unsure of Uncle Eric at first, but she warmed up to him after a while.
We returned home and got ready for the golfers to come back. We prepared the steaks and shrimp for Eric to grill once they got back. Little did we know, the steak and shrimp was actually a victory meal for Daddy and Eric! Their team won the golf tournament! My Daddy was told by many church members the next day, that Eric couldn't come back and play next year! The rest of the evening was filled with good food, fun, and laughter. I loved having my brother home. I told him that he needed to be closer so he could watch his niece grow up. Hopefully God will work that out and bring him home soon!
Sorry if you were expecting some shocking surprise/news. Really, we're not pregnant and we're not moving again! At least I've not been informed of that yet!
This weekend we are waiting the arrival of Eric's family. The whole fam dam, minus Jeff, is coming to LaGrange. Should be another fun weekend of fun and laughter! I'm sure you'll find out about it soon enough. Happy Wednesday!
That's a VERY exciting surprise!!! I think he looks more groomed now than some of his past hairy adventures!! :) I would have loved to join you all at the market. Sounds like a fun day!
ReplyDelete