While Eric was in his conference all day Wednesday, Virginia and I hit up the good shopping in Atlanta! Thanks to this trusty device that Eric got me (us) for our anniversary, I was able to navigate my way around Atlanta. Without it, I probably would've spent most of the day at the hotel.

First, we hit up our all time favorite store, "The Maxx." Sadly, this Maxx was not great, so we moved on to bigger and better things. Eric and I discovered Ikea when we went to Atlanta a few years ago. Each time we go back, we always stop by Ikea. I don't love their style of modern furnishings, but I always seem to find some sort of neat gadget or doo-dad! Here is just one reason why I love shopping at Ikea.......

Since having a baby, I have become a lazy parking lot parker. (If that's such a phrase) I will drive around the parking lot until a spot close to the entrance of a store becomes available. If you have a baby or are referred to as a "Senior Citizen," then you know what I'm talking about! I've found myself to be quite aggressive if I see someone trying to steal a spot from me. No Evelyn Couch (Kathy Bates character from Fried Green Tomatoes) incidents yet. I'll wait until Virginia is not in the car for that. Anyways, Ikea has these great Family Friendly Parking spots available right next to the front entrance. I was in love, so I took a picture to prove it! Not only are these spots in prime places, but they're oversized parking spaces for people with babies in strollers. I have the hardest time in regular parking spaces when I have to get V out, then put her in the stroller, all without dinging the car next to me. No such problem at Ikea. Most of the people that I saw parking or leaving the family friendly spots were truly families or mommies with kids. However, when I came out, there was a girl trying to pull her car into one of the spots and I saw NO children in the car. I wanted to give her my "teacher look" as Eric calls it, but refrained.
Next, we headed to Atlantic Station, which is just down the street from Ikea. It was time for Virginia to eat, so we stopped here for a lunch break. Didn't do any shopping here. WAY TOO COLD! This is an outdoor shopping mall, and the wind was so bad, that we just ate and left. After Atlantic Station, we picked up Eric and headed to Lenox Square Mall. Good shopping there too, but no success for me.

Ready to eat!
After dinner, we headed back to our hotel. V and I were spent from our day of exploration and shopping. It was time for Virginia's dinner. After I feed Virginia each night, she gets "real food." Imagine trying to feed an 8 month old in a hotel room with no high chair. FOOD FIGHT! Just kidding, although most of it ended up on the blanket we put under her. Here are some before and after shots of dinner time.
Before
After
Virginia loved playing in the hotel room. I think she loved that Eric and I could be on the bed with her at the same time. She hammed it up for us! Here are some pictures from playtime in the hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment