April
We have a new address! Same town, new neighborhood. The house we bought was a foreclosure that needed just a little updating. (another post, for another time)
Virginia is so proud of her "new house," as she calls it.
Eric had a wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord in Uganda, Africa in April. He was gone 10 days on a medical mission trip with Four Corners Ministry. What an amazing experience it was for Eric, his sister Amy and her husband Jeff, and the entire team.
May
Once Eric got back from Uganda, we finalized the negotiations on the new house and officially became owners of 2 homes! We still own our house back home, but this is our primary residence.
Eric and his band, Rustic Charlie, played at the ESPN West Point Lake Bass Tournament, here in LaGrange. Virginia and I ventured out to the lake on a hot May day to hear Daddy play. (I just realized that rhymed!)
Towards the end of May, Eric and I took a small vacation to Boston. I had never been to Boston before, so seeing the sights of a new place was exciting. Here are some highlights from our trip....
No trip to Boston is complete without a trip to Fenway Park.
JFK Presidential Library
Massachusetts State House
Harvard Law School
We ran into Elle Woods as she was walking her dog, Bruiser Woods! ;)
The main quad was set up for graduation, to be held the following week.
Love all the banners.
2nd Red Sox game of the trip. It was Military Appreciation Night.
This sight definitely brought tears to my eyes.
Yep, that little old rock is Plymouth! Amazing, huh?! I expected a boulder or something.
Replica of the Mayflower
Recognize this famous house? I'll give you a hint who lived here.....
His initials are JFK
That's right, the infamous Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port, Mass
Gillette Stadium
Foxoboro, Mass
Home of the New England Patriots
June
Work began on our new home in June. We did some updating to the "new house," before we moved in.
While we worked, Virginia got to play a little with Mama's phone. This is a picture I found after a long day of working.
Sneaky Girl!
Virginia was so eager to help while we were working. Here she is showing Eric how to install new doorknobs.
We finally moved in our new house, mid June. Virginia spent a week at LiLi and JimPa's house while Mama got the house in order. It was sure nice to do it in peace, too!
July
Happy 4th of July!
Sorry for the quality. This is as good as is gets with a busy ALMOST 2 year old!
Speaking of 2 year olds.......Virginia turned 2 this month. We had a big celebration with family and friends. Read about it here and here.
July also brought VBS at our church. I volunteered to teach the 3rd grade class. I loved every minute of it! Even though I haven't taught in about 3 years now, I learned that I've still "got it!"
Virginia got to go to VBS too and ABSOLUTELY loved it!
Lovely picture of VB! Very "gangsta" pose! She keeps us laughing all the time!
We've also been working on potty training. Here's my girl sporting her puffy panties. Who else wore these plastic panties over your real panties when you were younger? I did!
Hot mess!
August
August has brought an even busier schedule, but we've made time to be a family. Even to catch a little late summer baseball in ATL.
It's super late and I think I've caught you up on the highs and lows of our summer. Have a great Tuesday!
Yay for finally updating! Good thing for Aunts because I have already received my birthday party update. If not for them (and Pinterest), I would have wondered if y'all had moved to the moon! :) I know you've been busy! The Red Sox used the same flag during our game on the 4th and a family in the middle of the field was watching a video from their daughter, a soldier overseas, when the flag lifted and SHE CAME OUT FROM UNDER IT!! Talk about tears...who would have thought that I would cry so hard at a baseball game?! Wish we lived closer.
ReplyDelete